Halloween party: Cocktails in the kitchen
A great party normally involves everyone congregating in the heart of the home – the kitchen! Wow your Halloween party guests with our cocktail ideas – there’s one for the adults and one for the kids, so everyone is happy!
For the adults:
Blood beetroot cocktails
For the beetroot lemonade
200g raw beetroot, grated
Juice 8 lemons
200g golden caster sugar
For the cocktail
750ml Prosecco, chilled
- First, make the beetroot lemonade. In a bowl, stir together the beetroot, lemon juice and sugar. Steep in the fridge for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large jug to get rid of the pulp.
- To make the cocktail, pour 25ml of the beetroot lemonade into each glass followed by 50ml of Aperol and a few ice cubes. Top with Prosecco and serve.
For the kids:
135g pack lime jelly
700ml apple and pear juice
425g can lychees in syrup
10-15 cocktail cherries from a jar
10-15 cocktail sticks
- Make the jelly following pack instructions and chill until set. Combine the apple and pear juice with the lemonade in a large jug and chill in the fridge.
- To make the eyeballs, drain the lychees and poke a hole in each cherry with one of the cocktail sticks. Put the cherry inside the lychee, then push the raisin into the cherry. Press the eyeball onto the end of a cocktail stick and set aside until serving.
- When the jelly has set, use a whisk to break it up into small chunks. Spoon into the cocktail glasses and top up with the apple juice mixture. Put an eyeball into each glass before serving.