Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Mudd & Co. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Mudd & Co whose registered office is Breeze House, Sunnyhills Road, Barnfields, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 5RJ. Mudd & Co is a trading name of Breeze House Designs Ltd. Our company registration number is: 08747876. Our VAT registration number is: 175333800.
Before placing an order if you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, or have any comments or complaints on/or about our website then please contact us on 01538 380988 or email email@example.com. Any complaint will be dealt with fairly, effectively and confidentially. Your statutory rights as a consumer are unaffected.
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions; “Product” means a product displayed for sale on the Website; “Product Description” means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided; “Users” means the users of the Website collectively; “Personal Information” means the details provided by you upon ordering; “We/us” means Mudd & Co “Website” means the website located at www.muddandco.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; “Cookies” means small text files which our Website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer; “United Kingdom” means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and “You” means a user of this Website.
All rights, including copyright, in/on this website are owned and/or licensed to Mudd & Co. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material and content of the website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Limitation of Liability
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure that all the information provided by Mudd & Co is up to date and correct, including ensuring that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all products have been fairly described. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Mudd & Co shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Every effort is also made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Mudd & Co takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
If any part of the conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the conditions.
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the conditions. Nothing in the conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
Use of the Website – Our Rights
We reserve the right to: modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third Party Links
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Mudd & Co. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Ensure to check the information in any tick boxes that may indicate your choice to sign up/not sign up to our mailing lists.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by informing us either by phone, writing or e-mail and we will carry out your request. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information.
- If you believe that any information we have regarding you is incorrect or incomplete, please inform us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site.
In order to fulfill an order we will ask for, and collect, information relating to your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and card information where appropriate (any payment information the user provides will not be stored on our server). Users may, however, visit our site anonymously and we will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Mudd & Co may collect and use a user’s personal information for the following purposes:
- to improve customer service (information you provide will help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently);
- to personalise user experiences (we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site);
- to process payments (we may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service);
- to run a promotion, competition, survey or other site feature (to send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them);
- to send periodic e-mails (we may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to enquiries, questions and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive e-mails from us including company new, updates, products and/or service information. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail. Users may also contact us at anytime and request to be removed from our mailing list.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Web Browser Cookies – Cookies Policy
Our site uses “cookies” to enhance user experience and to track user habits so that we can record how users use and interact with our website. Users may wish to disable cookies, however in order to make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on our website, your computer, tablet or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this site by using them. Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer. Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply let us know your actions throughout the use of our website. If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different; so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to do this, then please note that some parts of the site may not function properly.
Anonymous tracking data is also collected by the web analysis tool Google Analytics using cookies that can be used to generate traffic and trend indicators.
Purchase of Products – Orders
We will take all reasonable care, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Contract Creation and Electronic Contracts
The technical steps required in creating the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the website by completing the checkout process, which you will be guided through by a series of simple instructions/prompts.
- You will have the opportunity to change your order up until you select to ‘Place your Order’.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement e-mail detailing your order number and products that you have ordered. Please check you spam/junk e-mail folders if you have not received the acknowledgement e-mail within 45 minutes. Note that this is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Mudd & Co.
- Once payment has been authorised we will contact you to confirm that your ordered has been processed and advise you on an approximate delivery date.
- We will contact you when the goods have been manufactured or arrive in our warehouse confirming that delivery arrangements need to be made. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with our terms and conditions.
It is recommended that you retain all e-mails relating to you order/contract. Non-Acceptance of your Order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you have ordered is no longer manufactured by Mudd & Co or is unavailable from stock.
- We are unable to obtain payment authorisation.
- We have found a pricing or product description error.
- You live outside of our delivery areas (these may change without prior notice).
- Your failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Contractual Capacity terms and conditions section.
The contract will be concluded in English.
If we do cancel your order/contract we will notify you by e-mail and will refund to you any sum paid to us by you (in respect of the current order/contract) as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of the cancellation of your order. We will not be obligated to offer any additional compensation for any inconveniences suffered.
To be eligible to purchase products on this website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. (Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable.)
Description of Products
Each product purchased is sold subject to its description, which sets out additional specific conditions related to the product. Including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery times and aftercare service. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time of publishing when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Images are for illustration purposes only and should not be relied on for colour and size. Product descriptions are subject to change without prior notice.
We try to ensure that the product descriptions, images and prices that appear on our website are accurate. However, sometimes mistakes happen and in the event of any errors on our website, we will then rectify the error as soon as reasonably possible and inform you of any error relating to any product you have ordered.
If there is an error in the pricing of any products we will contact you as soon as is reasonably possible and you may either confirm the order at the correct price or cancel the order.
Please note that sometimes the colours of products as they appear on your monitor and as they actually appear may be slightly different due to factors such as your monitor display settings and, for photographs, the lighting conditions at the time. Although we try our best to ensure consistency, it is common for different batches of the same fabric, wood and paint to be slightly different in colour and we cannot accept returns for this reason.
Mudd & Co. does not hold or store any card data supplied by the user, as all payments are carried out through a secure payment gateway to provide the user with the utmost security. We are also fully PCI compliant. All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery charges as set out in the delivery information section of this Website. Payment can be made by any of the methods specified in the payment/confirmation section of this website and payment will be debited and cleared from your account upon order. You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Refusal of Transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this website whether or not that product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Conclusion of a Contract
This website and the prices shown constitute an invitation to trade and not an offer capable of acceptance. At all times our acceptance of an order takes place on dispatch of the order, at which point the purchase contract will be made. Mudd & Co reserves the right to cancel any order at its discretion and at any time before the point of dispatch, including for technical reasons.
Our Spring sale event held between 6th – 8th April 2018 will be only valid on new tables, dressers and larders. This does not apply to existing Ex-Display offers as shown on our offers page. A 25% discount will be applied at the point of product selection. The customer can take advantage of the sale by completing their sale online, via the phone or by sending an email communication to the company. On phone and email sales, a deposit is needed by end of play 8th April to secure the 25% off pricing. The full balance must then be paid before delivery.